On November 19th, the United States House of Representatives passed the Build Back Better Act which will provide $400 billion for child care and preschool—the largest federal investment of its kind. The funding will provide a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for New Jersey’s children, families and educators by:
- Making child care affordable for all families with children from birth through age 5
- Creating and supporting more jobs—both additional child care jobs and jobs for parents
- Raising wages to a “livable wage” for the child care workforce
- Increasing the availability of high quality care option
- Providing universal preschool services for all 3- and 4-year-olds
The bill is now before the United States Senate and every vote counts! We need to urge New Jersey’s U.S. Senators to support the Build Back Better Act and its unprecedented investments!
Your advocacy is critically needed NOW! Please email Senators Menendez and Booker and urge them to vote for the Build Back Better Act and its unprecedented investments in children, working families and the early learning workforce!