Posted on January 26, 2024
ACNJ is a seeking a Fundraising Manager!
Advocates for Children of New Jersey (ACNJ) is a leading children’s advocacy organization dedicated to improving the lives of children. ACNJ educates, engages, and collaborates with policymakers, advocates, and the public to advance and strengthen policies and programs that promote equitable opportunities for all children, addressing their needs identified by parents and community partners, data, research, and policy analysis, and a 45-year track record of improving outcomes for children.
ACNJ is currently seeking a Fundraising Manager to help raise increased resources for the organization. While providing overall leadership and management for all of ACNJ’s fund development activities, the Fundraising Manager will focus most of their direct efforts on working with the President and Board to increase revenues from individuals and businesses.
Detailed Functional Activities:
- Continually expands ACNJ’s major gift efforts.
- Actively researches, identifies, cultivates, and solicits potential donors at all levels.
- Develop innovative strategies for broadening the organization’s fundraising outreach with an emphasis on increasing individual giving.
- Secures gifts to help scale programs.
- Develop and implement stewardship initiatives aimed at cultivating deeper ties with donors.
Board Liaison and Development
- Provide leadership and staff service to the Board of Trustees and Fund Development Committee in carrying out fundraising responsibilities.
- Work closely with the Board to ensure that board members are motivated, engaged, and energized by their association with ACNJ.
- Assist in recruiting for and expanding the Board.
- Collaborate with the Board Fund Development Committee and ACNJ staff to plan and coordinate logistics for the ACNJ Annual Breakfast and other special events to build community support and raise funds.
Collaboration with Communications & Media Management
- Coordinate with the CEO, Director of Operations, and Communications Team to ensure integrated marketing and development initiatives.
- Assist with the development of promotional materials that are in line with ACNJ’s brand identity.
- Capitalizes on a growing social media presence.
- Coordinate the implementation of an online fundraising process management tool
- Monitor and report regularly on the progress of development initiatives to the CEO and the Board of Trustees Fund Development Committee.
- Implement initiatives developed.
- Track record as a dynamic, creative, results-driven, entrepreneurial leader, willing to roll up his/her sleeves and conduct the tasks necessary to ensure success.
- Possess the interpersonal, communication, conceptual, and analytical skills to compellingly explain ACNJ’s program and inspire support.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Will commit to expanding the reach and impact of one of the most effective advocacy organizations for children.
- Proven initiative and ability to actively deepen current relationships and establish new ones with all levels of influencers and donor prospects.
- Stubbornly persistent but appropriate in follow-up with prospects and donors.
- Record of fostering successful long-term relationships with funders and skilled at building relationships and collaborating across all levels of the organization.
- Work effectively with colleagues to coordinate strategies and activities across teams, and effectively confront and manage difficult situations.
- Demonstrate respect and sensitivity for all communities and cultures among staff and partners.
Experience and Credential Requirements:
- Proven fundraising generalist with at least a 5-year track record of success identifying, cultivating, and soliciting major individual donors and assisting board members in soliciting personal contacts and expanding their networks.
- Proven record of developing an Annual Campaign, Planned-giving materials, and engaging Major-gift donors.
Track record of raising >+$500,000 each of last three years.
- Demonstrates advanced interpersonal, writing, and communication skills; able to provide writing samples upon request.
- Able to demonstrate past successful leveraging of social media and technology to raise awareness and expand an organization’s donor base.
At ACNJ, we want staff to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We encourage staff to work together across positions and roles. We are being deliberate and self-reflective about the team and culture that we are building, seeking staff who have different strengths, backgrounds, and experiences, and who share a passion for improving outcomes for children and strengthening families. We believe that diversity and inclusion will be key to our success and are seeking candidates who are strong in their aptitudes and who care deeply about supporting each other's growth. The viewpoints of all of our employees and board members are key to our success. ACNJ’s offices are located in Newark, NJ and staff is currently working a hybrid schedule of 3 days in the office and 2 days remote.
Anyone interested in the applying for the position should email their resume, cover letter and writing sample to Mary Coogan at email@example.com.