New Jersey has a new governor and new Legislature. NOW, the real work begins. You can continue to make a difference for New Jersey kids.
New Jersey children and families face considerable challenges:
- Nearly 302,000 children from low-income households are not eating breakfast at school. Many of these children depend on school meals to meet their nutritional needs.
- Nearly 129,000 students, grades kindergarten – 12, miss too much school.
- More than 5,000 children under age 6 have elevated blood lead levels
- More than 35,000 3- and 4- year-olds are still waiting for quality preschool
And on the horizon, ACNJ is gearing up for an even bigger challenge: addressing the shortage of quality child care in New Jersey, especially for babies whose parents rely on state subsidies to afford care.
Partner with ACNJ as we proudly launch our We Deliver for New Jersey Children Campaign. Together we can continue to deliver for New Jersey’s children.
3 great ways for you to partner with us:
- Become an Individual Champion and join ACNJ’s Champion Circle. You will have opportunities to receive detailed information about our progress and meet with like-minded individuals to talk about children’s issues in our state.
- Become a Corporate Champion and sponsor ACNJ’s 2nd annual breakfast celebration. You will also be a part of the Champion Circle.
- Attend ACNJ’s 2nd Annual Breakfast Celebration – tickets & tables
Making your donation before December 5th will enable you to attend ACNJ’s 2nd annual breakfast on December 13th.
The Campaign’s goal is to raise $150,000 by December 31. By donating today, you can help to:
- Ensure that accessible, quality, and safe child care is available for babies
- Expand the number of children in high-quality preschool
- Ensure students are on a path to success by addressing chronic absenteeism
- Mandate that high-poverty schools serve breakfast after the bell as a way to maximize participation
- Make kids the priority in federal policies and budget decisions
For nearly 40 years, ACNJ has been working to give every child a chance to grow up safe, healthy, and educated. Through your support, you have helped ACNJ deliver for New Jersey children. There is still much to be done. Partner with ACNJ now as we renew our efforts to meet the needs of children throughout New Jersey.