ACNJ is seeking a development director to bring increased resources to the organization to advance its mission of advocating on behalf of the State’s children and families. The position offers collaboration with an expert, dynamic and experienced staff and board of trustees as well as the opportunity to represent one of the most respected nonprofits in New Jersey.
|Download job description.|
Advocates for Children New Jersey (ACNJ) has been the independent voice for children in New Jersey for over 35 years and is a nationally recognized research and advocacy group, advancing policies that help children and families. The organization is governed by a diverse 26-member Board of Trustees united by a deep concern for the well-being of New Jersey children.
The director of development is a critical leadership role at ACNJ and works closely with the Board of Trustees and the entire ACNJ staff. This position reports to the executive director.
- Work with the Board of Trustees and executive director to develop and execute an annual fundraising plan with long and short term fundraising goals for ACNJ.
- Identify opportunities and develop proposals for increased foundation and corporate support for ACNJ’s program priorities and general support.
- Maintain a comprehensive schedule of grant opportunities, deadlines and reporting requirements for grants received.
- Create and execute a strategy to expand ACNJ’s individual donor base and maintain effective relationships with donors.
- Execute ACNJ’s annual giving campaign.
- Manage ACNJ’s donor database and work together with ACNJ staff to ensure accurate data entry and timely gift processing.
- Work with the Board of Trustees and executive director on board member development and engagement.
- Bachelor’s degree; MA a plus.
- Experience as a senior-level development professional with direct responsibility for grant writing, corporate giving, and individual giving.
- Proven track record of achieving revenue targets.
- Strong verbal communications skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively.
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new accounts.
- Thorough understanding of all components of a diversified funding base.
- Good computer skills and knowledge of data base programs.
The ideal candidate will have an extremely professional demeanor, with the ability to provide tactful, honest counsel, the ability to successfully collaborate with an executive director and her team, be self-motivated, work well under pressure and be able to handle several projects at one time. Good judgment and a sense of humor are essential. Finally, the applicant should have a commitment to the mission of ACNJ.
Salary commensurate with experience; generous benefits package.
For more information, please e-mail a resume and cover letter describing your interest and Experience to Cecilia Zalkind at email@example.com.